( PR4US.com | Press Release | 2021-07-30 11:47:10 )
Thailand’s Ministry of Industry has mandated the use of TIS 1025-2562 (2019) as the standard for pacifiers.
Largely based on EN 1400:2013+A1:2014, this industry standard contains requirements relating to:
• Product information
The standard requires specific pacifier materials/components to conform to certain chemicals/tests concerning:
• Migration of 17 elements
• Release of N-nitrosamines and N-nitrosatable substances
• 2-mercaptobenzothiazole release
• Antioxidant release
• Formaldehyde release
• Bisphenol A (BPA) release
• Volatile compound content
To see a list of the migration requirements for the 17 elements, see SGS’s original SafeGuard 098/21.
TIS 1025-2562 (2019) is based upon information from manufacturers and users, and with reference to the following documents:
• EN 1400:2003+A2:2017 ‘Child use and care articles – Soothers for babies and young children – Safety requirements and test methods’
• EN 71-3:2013+A2:2017 ‘Safety of toys – Part 3” Migration of Certain Elements’
• EN 12868:2017 ‘Child use and care articles – Method for determining the release of N-nitrosamines and N-nitrosatable substances from elastomer or rubber teats and soothers
• DIN 53160-1:2010 ‘Determination of the colorfastness of articles for common use – Part 1: test with artificial saliva’
• ISO 105-A03:1993 ‘Textiles – Tests for colorfastness – Part A03: Gray scale for assessing staining’
• Notification of the Ministry of Public Health (No. 369) B.E. 2558 (2015) Re: Feeding Bottle and Milk Containers for Infants and Young Children.
This regulation mandating this standard was issued on June 16, 2021. It will come into effect on December 13, 2021.
SGS Toy & Juvenile Product Services
SGS offers a wide range of services to ensure that products comply with relevant standards for childcare articles and children’s equipment. They provide consulting, training, product development, testing, audit and inspection services to ensure that products comply with strict regulations worldwide, demonstrating the safety and quality of juvenile products being brought to the market. Learn more about SGS’s Toy & Juvenile Product Services. [www.sgs.com/en/consumer-goods-retail/toys-and-juvenile-products]
SGS SafeGuardS keep you up to date with the latest news and developments in the consumer goods industry. Read the full Thailand Mandates New Standard for Pacifiers SafeGuardS. [www.sgs.com/en/news/2021/07/safeguards-09821-thailand-mandates-new-standard-for-pacifiers]
Subscribe here, www.sgs.com/subscribesg, to receive SGS SafeGuardS direct to your inbox.
For further information contact:
Dr HingWo Tsang
Global Information and Innovation Manager
Tel: (+852) 2774 7420
Hardlines/Toys Laboratory Manager
Tel: +66 2 294 7485
We are SGS – the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. Our 93,000 employees operate a network of 2,600 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected world.