( PR4US.com | Press Release | 2019-08-12 11:53:57 )
SGS Fimko Ltd has become one of the first testing and calibration laboratories in Finland to gain accreditation by FINAS Finnish Accreditation Service in accordance with the revised standard ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
As Finland’s leading supplier, SGS’s laboratories provide safety, EMC, photometric and environmental testing for a wide range of electrical, electronic and telecommunication products from household appliances, light fittings and IT equipment to industrial appliances, laboratory equipment and electro-medical equipment. The company has long held ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation, this update ensures the continued quality and credibility of services.
Accreditation is used to reliably state the competence of an operator and the credibility of the certificates it provides and is based on international criteria. The most visible changes to the revised ISO/IEC 17025:2017 standard are:
• A new unified structure to match other accreditation standards
• Highlighted impartiality on activity and personal level, among others
• Introduction of risk-based thinking to identify risks and opportunities as a basis for action
• Metrological traceability with more requirements for calibrations
• Additional requirements for IT systems
• Introduction of new term decision rule regarding measurement uncertainty in pass/fail evaluation
Managing director Mika Richardt said: “We’re very proud to lead the way in the quality of the services we provide following this significant accreditation from FINAS. Accreditation is highly regarded both nationally and internationally and it recognizes the technical competence, credibility and reliability of our laboratories.”
SGS received the accreditation from FINAS following an intense assessment process to ascertain its ability to fulfil all accreditation requirements. New accreditation decisions, including areas of competence, can be found at the following links:
• Testing laboratory (T004)
• Calibration laboratory (K001)
FINAS has demonstrated the competence of its operations through international peer evaluation process and is a member in all international accreditation multilateral recognition arrangements (e.g. EA and ILAC).
SGS Fimko Ltd. has been testing products in Finland since 1928. The company is a founder member of the international IECEE CB certification system and the European Testing Inspection Certification System (ETICS), such as CCA and ENEC.
SGS can help customers:
• Benefit from the most comprehensive services in Finland for electrical and electronic products – including safety, EMC, photometric and environmental testing services
• Ensure products are safe
• Gain the certification needed for a wide range of products
• Achieve the FI mark – a well-known and respected impartial certification mark, verifying safety
• Measure and test appliances of all sizes – the EMC laboratory comprises several testing chambers from three meters up to ten meters
• Ensure product compliance with a wide range of testing in accordance with Finnish SFS, European EN and international IEC standards. Testing also complies with North American requirements, such as FCC, UL and CSA, as well as with the national standards of several other countries
• Analyze hazardous substances
For more information, please contact:
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 97,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.