( PR4US.com | Press Release | 2019-04-10 18:28:25 )
The Ministry of Ecology and Environment of the People’s Republic of China has published Notice No. 10 of 2019, thereby officially banning four persistent organic pollutant (POP) chemicals.
Notice No. 10 of 2019 prohibits the production, sale, use, import and export of:
3. Perfluorooctane sulfonic acid (PFOS) and its salts
4. Perfluorooctane sulfonyl fluoride (PFOS-F)
The ban on PFOS and PFOS-F does not apply to:
• Aviation hydraulic fluids
• Etching agents for compound semiconductors and ceramic filters
• Firefighting foams
• Metal plating (hard metal plating) for closed-loop systems only
• Certain medical equipment (such as ethylene tetrafluoroethylene copolymer (ETFE) layers and radio-opaque ETFE production, in vitro diagnostic medical equipment and CCD color filters)
• Photographic imaging
• Photoresist and anti-reflective coatings for semiconductor devices
China signed the Stockholm Convention on POP chemicals in May 2001 and ratified it in August 2004. This is a global treaty to protect human health and the environment from chemicals that persist in the environment.
These latest Chinese prohibitions came into effect on March 26, 2019.
SGS Consumer Product Services
SGS provides news about the development of regulations affecting consumer products as a complimentary service. With a global network of laboratories, SGS provides a wide range of services including physical/mechanical testing, analytical testing and consultancy work for technical and non-technical parameters applicable to a comprehensive range of consumer products. Learn more about SGS’s Consumer Product Services. [www.sgs.com/en/consumer-goods-retail]
SGS SafeGuardS keep you up to date with the latest news and developments in the consumer goods industry. Read the full China Prohibits Certain POP Chemicals SafeGuardS. [www.sgs.com/en/news/2019/04/safeguards-04519-china-prohibits-certain-pop-chemicals]
Subscribe here, www.sgs.com/subscribesg, to receive SGS SafeGuardS direct to your inbox.
For further information contact:
Global Information and Innovation Manager
Tel:(+852) 2774 7420
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 97,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.