( PR4US.com | Press Release | 2018-12-18 16:41:54 )
The National Technical Committee of Garments of the Standardization Administration of China has released a new version of its product standard for trousers and skirts – GB/T 2666-2017.
The standard covers trousers and skirts that are made from:
• Pure wool
• Wool blended and interweaved
• Wool-like woven textile materials
The standard does not apply to garments aimed at children aged below 36 months.
The primary technical changes include alterations to the:
• Applicable scope of the standard
• Normative references
• Instruction for use of products
• Requirements for auxiliary materials, skewness of warp yarn and weft yarn, check/strip alignment, appearance and sewn quality, density for stitch size spacing, colorfastness to rubbing for lining
• Inspection tool, specification measurement, appearance quality, dimensional change after washing/dry cleaning, colorfastness to light and rest rules
• Judgment of appearance defects
A number of new provisions have also been added:
• Clothing for children aged between 36 months and 14 years must comply with GB 31701
• Requirements for skewness for striped and checked pattern, no foam allowed in the adhesive interlining parts, appearance after washing/dry cleaning
• Test method for skewness of warp yarn and weft yarn, the safety performance of children’s clothing, appearance after washing/dry cleaning, sharpness of attached components, type tests
The latest version of this standard includes the quote “Testing methods of physical and chemical performance of garments” and specified “choose the single fiber adjacent fabric when arbitration test”.
GB/T 2666-2017 removes the following test method – test method for skewness – and the following annexes:
• Annex B - Test methods for seam slippage
• Annex C - Sample sketch for the seam strength of trouser back rise
The latest version of the standard list tests for: fiber content, formaldehyde content, pH value, banned azo colorants, odor, dimensional change after washing/dry-cleaning, spirality after washing/dry-cleaning, colorfastness for shell (washing, dry cleaning, water, perspiration, rubbing, light), colorfastness for lining (washing, dry cleaning, dry rubbing, water, perspiration), colorfastness for decorative parts and embroidery (washing, dry cleaning), pilling property for shell, seam slippage, seam strength of trouser back rise, tear strength for shell, appearance after washing and/or dry cleaning.
GB/T 2666-2017 replaces the 2009 version of the standard. It was implemented on July 1, 2018.
SGS Softlines Services
SGS has a worldwide network of over 40 state-of-the-art laboratories specializing in softline testing. Their committed team is drawn from multi-disciplinary backgrounds, allowing them to carry out a comprehensive range of physical, chemical and functional testing services for components, materials and finished products. SGS helps companies ensure quality, performance and compliance with international, industrial and regulatory standards worldwide. Learn more about SGS’s Softlines Services. [www.sgs.com/softlines]
SGS SafeGuardS keep you up to date with the latest news and developments in the consumer goods industry. Read the full China Releases New Standard for Trousers– GB/T 2666-2017 SafeGuardS. [www.sgs.com/en/news/2018/11/safeguards-15218-china-release-new-standards-for-trousers]
Subscribe here, www.sgs.com/subscribesg, to receive SGS SafeGuardS direct to your inbox.
For further information contact:
Consumer and Retail — Softlines
US & Canada Softlines Business Head
Tel: +1 973 461 7919
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.