( PR4US.com | Press Release | 2018-09-26 11:39:13 )
SGS, the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company, is to host its first Brand Protection Summit in Paris on October 4, 2018.
In response to recent figures which show counterfeiting is increasing by over 15% worldwide every year, SGS launches its inaugural event to combat piracy, secure brand reputation & integrity, tackle revenue loss and ensure consumer confidence.
The Summit, which will be free to attend for invited guests, is tailored to meet the needs of those responsible for brand protection from a broad range of industries, ranging from luxury handbags, clothing and cosmetics to perfumes, smart phones and electrical goods.
Franck Pandiani, Global Manager, Brand Protection services SGS, explains: “With counterfeiting of consumer goods on the rise, we believe it’s more important than ever to bring stakeholders together to inform and inspire about the current threats and opportunities that exist around brand protection; and showcase a range of solutions that can help organizations protect their investment, market share and reputation.
Our first summit will be a great opportunity to network and gain skills with our experts and partners. There’ll be free workshops and seminars where delegates can learn how to craft a Secure Supply Chain and construct a successful brand protection strategy; we’ll also explore distribution channels, both traditional retail and e-commerce, and help industry professionals protect their brand, foster brand loyalty among their customers and improve efficiency.”
The SGS ethos is to make brand protection seamless by developing tailor-made and confidential programs. Its brand protection team offers services at all stages of the supply chain to ensure peace of mind throughout the production process and help organizations maintain product quality, reduce the risk of goods being distributed to unauthorized suppliers and strengthen consumer trust. SGS also oversees complex supply chains which can create more opportunities for the infiltration of unauthorized items.
SGS Brand Protection Services
Over many years, SGS has looked at the problems of brand protection and sourced solutions for all the issues that exist within the supply chain. In addition to in-house services it provides an eco-system of solutions that utilizes the latest technology to give users access to real-time data on their products. Its services combat:
• Diversion – using the most current technology to identify inefficiencies and potential weak points in the supply chain helps to identify suppliers utilizing unauthorized distribution channels
• Unauthorized e-commerce – identifying unauthorized retailers and places where genuine goods can be replaced with counterfeit products
• Delayed transport – monitoring the transportation of products in real-time, accessed via visual dashboards, to help reduce delays in delivery
• Production of counterfeits – closely supervised monitoring of suppliers to prevent production of counterfeits
• Lack of traceability – using tracking technology, affixed to or embedded into individual products at the manufacturing stage allows every item to be tracked along the supply chain, giving complete visibility and offering insights to allow for quick, data-driven decisions.
The SGS Brand Protection Summit takes place on Thursday, October 4, 2018 at ‘Châteauform’ City George V, 28 avenue George V, 75008 Paris. The event is free of charge for invited guests – to get your invitation visit: www.sgs.com/en/events/2018/10/sgs-brand-protection-summit
Learn more about SGS Brand Protection Services: www.sgs.com/en/consumer-goods-retail/brand-protection
For further information please contact:
Global Marketing Manager
t: +33 4 42 61 64 46
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.