( PR4US.com | Press Release | 2017-05-19 11:01:40 )
School of Engineering:
The course structure for all Engineering programmes has 8 semesters comprising 45 to 50 courses and internship amounting to 170-190 credits. The students will specialize in their disciplines from III semester to VII semester. In the final year, every student will be required to undergo Industrial Practice I and Industrial Practice II which are related to his or her branch of engineering. The experienced faculty from BITS Pilani, IITs, NITs, IISc, IIMs and other premier institutions draws out the best from the students. The Presidency University
has been awarded “Best Emerging University in South India” during 10th ASSOCHAM Higher Education Summit 2017 & National Excellence Awards 2017 held at New Delhi.
Admission to the Engineering course at the Presidency University
is based on the following criteria:
• Pre-University / Higher Secondary / 10+2 examination Pass with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with either Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology/ Technical Vocational subject
• Obtained at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to Reserved Category) in the above subjects taken together
• Appeared for JEE (Main); JEE(Advanced); Karnataka CET; COMED-K; or any other State-level Engineering Entrance Examination; PAT ( Presidency Admission Test)
• Candidates are required to appear for the Presidency University
Bangalore evaluation test in addition to standard eligibility criteria
• Candidates are also required to appear for Personal Interview process
• The Admission Team at the University also uses other parameters such as scholastic and extracurricular records.
Application forms can be obtained from the City Admission Office as well as the University Admission Office. Students can also apply online. The application can also be downloaded, filled and submitted in person. Applicants need to provide the required documents like Standard X & XII Mark Sheets, Transfer Certificate, Migration Certificate (For Non-Karnataka students) and Entrance Exam Score Card along with 5 Passport Size photographs.
There is a dedicated campus placement cell to facilitate career opportunities to the engineering students. There is also an Employment Enhancement Programme (EEP) to upgrade the skills of the students and help them land their dream jobs.The university provides 7 ½ months of monitored internship opportunities with placement facilitation across industry sectors. They prepare the students to face the challenges rising from the growing demands of the industry.
About The Presidency University:
The Presidency University
located in Bangalorehas been established with the singular goal of transforming the youngsters into focused, responsible, committed and confident professionals in the desired field. The engineering course designed is aimed at building skill, expertise and knowledge among graduates in the area of higher technology and design learning. The state-of-the-art infrastructure is an added advantage for the students who study at the university for a high-quality living and learning experience.The campus is vibrant with co-curricular and extracurricular activities, workshops and other initiatives. The students here gain more knowledge and reach great heights.