( PR4US.com | Press Release | 2017-05-18 13:27:29 )
Built on a sprawling campus of more than 65 acres with salubrious ambience, the University has excellent infrastructure and outstanding academic fraternity drawn from reputed institutions like the IITs, BITS, IIMs, National Law Schools and other premier institutions across the country. Committed to quality and academic excellence, the University has redefined the learning process by adopting unique pedagogy which is built on an academic content that is global and contemporary as well.The Parentage of the 40 plus years of expertise with Presidency Group of Institutions.The Programmes consist of core subjects followed by elective subjects that reflect the student's chosen area of specialization.SIP (Summer Internship Programme) & MIP (Monitored Internship Programme) form an integral part of the curriculum and the University provides abundant opportunities for In-Campus Industry Interface.The Placement Cell will facilitate the placement of students in reputed organisations, in line with their competencies and passion. Sports and campus facilities that make student life joyful, vibrant and inspiring experience.
School of Engineering:
The course structure for all Engineering programmes has 8 semesters comprising 45 to 50 courses and internship amounting to 170-190 credits. The students will specialize in their disciplines from III semester to VII semester. In the final year, every student will be required to undergo Industrial Practice I and Industrial Practice II which are related to his or her branch of engineering. The experienced faculty from BITS Pilani, IITs, NITs, IISc, IIMs and other premier institutions draws out the best from the students. The Presidency University has been awarded “Best Emerging University in South India” during 10th ASSOCHAM Higher Education Summit 2017 & National Excellence Awards 2017 held at New Delhi.
Admission to the Engineering course at the Presidency University is based on the following criteria:
• Pre-University / Higher Secondary / 10+2 examination Pass with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with either Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Technical Vocational subject
• Obtained at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to Reserved Category) in the above subjects taken together
• Appeared for JEE (Main); JEE (Advanced); Karnataka CET; COMED-K; or any other State-level Engineering Entrance Examination; PAT ( Presidency Admission Test)
• Candidates are required to appear for the Presidency University Bangalore
evaluation test in addition to standard eligibility criteria
• Candidates are also required to appear for Personal Interview process
• The Admission Team at the University also uses other parameters such as scholastic and extracurricular records.
School of Law
The Presidency University School of Law is approved by the Bar Council of India (BCI), New Delhi. The university offers a 5-year full-time integrated degree program with Hons. courses that are contemporary and global in perspective. The integrated program offers new opportunities in the various areas of specializations such as Criminal Law, Cyber Law, Civil Law, Environmental Law, Income Tax Law and much more. The students are exposed to legal practice as part of an internship at the end of every year of the program.
The courses are taught by eminent faculty and renowned industry practitioners. The curriculum is driven by experiential learning techniques. The students are given stimulatory cases in Moot Court practice. There is a wide range of opportunities for extracurricular activities and pro bono activities with extensive interaction with legal luminaries. The Presidency University has been awarded “Best Emerging University in South India” during 10th ASSOCHAM Higher Education Summit 2017 & National Excellence Awards 2017 held at New Delhi.
Admission to the Law course at the Presidency University is based on the following criteria:
• Pre-University / Higher Secondary / 10+2 examination Pass from a recognized board
• Obtained at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to Reserved Category) in the 10+2 board exam
• Appeared for CLAT / LSAT / PAT (Presidency Admission Test)
• Candidates are required to appear for Personal Interview process in addition to standard eligibility criteria
• The Admission Team at the University also uses other parameters such as scholastic and extracurricular achievements.
The Presidency University announces admissions to MBA programme (Master of Business Administration). The courses offered in MBA are: General, Banking and Finance, International Business, Entrepreneurship and Logistics & Supply Chain Management.
Admission to the Master of Business Administration (MBA) course at the Presidency School of Management is strictly based on merit.
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for Reserve Category) in aggregate from a recognized University.
• A high score in CAT/ MAT/ATMA/ XAT/CMAT/GMAT
• Candidates are required to appear for the Personal Interview Process in Person or through Skype which will consist of Oral Extempore Presentation and Personal Interview.
• The Admission Team at the University also uses other parameters such as scholastic and extracurricular record and work experience for admission.
• The final selection of the candidate will be based on the overall performance in the Interview Process.