( PR4US.com | Press Release | 2017-04-20 20:07:41 )
On the 18th of April the good people of Lesser Evil Games
will launch a Kickstarter for “The Executioner” – a rough and gory tale of Theodor Grim, a man with a rare talent of recognizing lies wherever he hears it. It’s a story of a man that inherited an ungrateful job as a Royal Executioner.
Do you like serious games that make you deal with the uncomfortable mature questions and decisions? The ones, that leave very little space for heroism? This is the kind of game the team is shaping “The Executioner” to become.
About this project:
Genre: Single-player non-linear horror RPG
Five chapters, ~20 hours of gameplay
Platforms: Windows + Stretch Goals
Supported Languages: English + Russian + Stretch Goals
Sources of Inspiration: "The Hangman's Daughter" Oliver Pötzsch, "Master" by Henry Lion Oldie, film "Unthinkable", and historical and literary researches
The Game Key Fatures:
- Your own torture chamber: study your victims, find their weak spots, use your extensive arsenal (or their loved ones) to break them.
- Dead flesh market, its economy and you as the main supplier.
- A rich occult underground and mysticism built around medieval artifacts: the Hand of Glory, Mandrake Root and Tarot Cards.
The Hero Key Fatures:
- An outcast and a death-dealer: it’s a lot easier for you to intimidate or beat answers out of people, than persuade them.
- Synesthesia: your unique perception makes you a walking lie detector and opens the door into the occult.
- You torture and kill people for a living. Being efficient and staying sane is a constant balancing act.
Gameplay consists of the three parts:
Torture chamber simulator. Use realistic and historically accurate tortures to get a confession. With a limited time left till victim’s execution you will need to be careful with the persuasion methods in order to keep the tortured in a proper shape for what comes.
Detective text quest. Delve through your victims’ crimes to justify your actions or seek for the true criminal if you believe the tortured is not the one.
Combat. Many will stand on your way unwilling to share their filthy secrets. You will have Theodor Grim’s enormous strength and razor sharp perception by your side to fight those who dare to oppose the Royal Executioner.
The cornerstone of “The Executioner” is game’s psychological side. What are you willing to do to stay alive? How does a human perception change, affected by an everyday routine violence? What will become of a kingdom on a brink of revolution if the Royal Executioner refuses to do his dirty job?
If the Kickstarter campaign succeeds you will have a chance to find out rather soon – “The Executioner” is set to be released this autumn.