( PR4US.com | Press Release | 2023-01-17 15:35:33 )
SGS, the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company, is advising stakeholders that Ukraine has published a new piece of legislation covering chemical safety and the management of chemical products.
Law No. 2804-IX of December 1, 2022, on Ensuring Chemical Safety and Management of Chemical Products was issued in the Voice of Ukraine on December 28, 2022. It contains 12 sections and defines the legal, organizational and economic principles for managing chemicals in order to protect human health and the environment. It also establishes the requirements for economic operators and seeks to ensure chemical safety and the management of chemical products by considering the nation’s international obligations.
SGS has published SafeGuardS 003.23 to give stakeholders a comprehensive overview of the new law. It includes highlights from several of the law’s sections:
• Section I Article 7 Rights and obligations for economic operators
• Section II Authorities of state government bodies and local government bodies in the field of ensuring chemical safety and the management of chemical products
• Section III Ensuring Chemical Safety
• Section IV Requirements for production and use of chemical products
• Section V Permissive system in the field of ensuring chemical safety
• Section VI State supervision (control) in the field of ensuring chemical safety and management of chemical products
• Section VII Planning in the field of ensuring chemical safety
• Section VIII Financial and economic tools in the field of chemical safety and chemical product management
• Section XII Final and transitional provisions
The new legislation stems from the announcement of On Adoption as a Basis of the Draft Law of Ukraine on Chemical Safety and Management of Chemical Products (Reg. No 8037), which was finalized prior to the adoption as Law No. 2804-IX on December 1, 2022.
Stakeholders are advised to review SGS’s original SafeGuardS 003.23 for more information on Ukraine’s new law on chemical safety and the management of chemical products.
SGS Chemical Testing
SGS offers a comprehensive range of testing services to help manufacturers and suppliers ensure their products are safe and comply with national and international regulations concerning harmful chemicals. In the end, it’s only trusted because it’s tested. Learn more about SGS Chemical Testing Services. [www.sgs.com/en/services/chemicals-testing]
SGS SafeGuardS keep you up to date with the latest news and developments in the consumer goods industry. Read the full Ukraine Issues New Law on Chemical Safety and Management of Chemical Products SafeGuardS. [www.sgs.com/en/news/2023/01/safeguards-0323-ukraine-issues-new-law-on-chemical-safety-and-management-of-chemical-products]
Subscribe here, www.sgs.com/subscribesg, to receive SGS SafeGuardS direct to your inbox.
For further information contact:
Dr. HingWo Tsang
Global Information and Innovation Manager
Tel: (+852) 2774 7420
We are SGS – the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. Our 96,000 employees operate a network of 2,700 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected world.