( PR4US.com | Press Release | 2020-09-10 17:33:44 )
SGS, the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company, has gained approval from the US Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to undertake testing and certification against its expanded scope of electrical and electronic (EE) products.
The expanded scope from OSHA comprises a further 20 standards for EE products, including 4 specifically for power tools:
• UL 62841-2-8 – Safety Requirements for Particular Requirements for Hand-Held Shears and Nibblers
• UL 62841-2-11 – Safety Requirements for Particular Requirements for Hand-Held Reciprocating Saws
• UL 62841-3-4 – Safety Requirements for Particular Requirements for Transportable Bench Grinders
• UL 62841-2-8 – Safety Requirements for Particular Requirements for Transportable Diamon Drills with Liquid System
John Ciliege, Global Head of NRTL, SGS said: “I am pleased to announce that SGS’s NRTL program has expanded in line with OSHA’s new safety standards. Our specialized teams of local experts offer a range of services to manufacturers and retailers in the electronics industry, including for electric motor-operated hand-held tools, transportable tools and lawn and garden machinery.”
SGS, which provides a range of services to ensure electrical and electronic (EE) products comply with OSHA and other government requirements, will undertake the new testing and certification requirements via its global network of Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories (NRTLs).
The full list of SGS’s new scope expansions includes:
• UL 773A Nonindustrial Photoelectric Switches for Lighting Control
• UL 1241 Junction Boxes for Swimming Pool Lighting Fixtures
• UL 1977 Component Connectors for Use in Data, Signal, Control and Power Applications
• UL 1994 Low-Level Path Marking and Lighting Systems
• UL 1776 Standard for High-Pressure Cleaning Machines
• UL 141 Garment Finishing Machines
• UL 283 Air Fresheners and Deodorizers
• UL 399 Drinking Water Coolers
• UL 474 Dehumidifiers
• UL 484 Room Air Conditioners
• UL 778 Motor-Operated Water Pumps
• UL 1030 Sheathed Heating Elements
• UL 1042 Electric Baseboard Heating Equipment
• UL 1081 Swimming Pool Pumps, Filters and Chlorinators
• UL 2202 Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging System Equipment
• UL 2594 Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment
• UL 62841-2-8 * Safety Requirements for Particular Requirements for Hand-Held Shears and Nibblers
• UL 62841-2-11 * Safety Requirements for Particular Requirements for Hand-Held Reciprocating Saws
• UL 62841-3-4 * Safety Requirements for Particular Requirements for Transportable Bench Grinders
• UL 62841-3-6 * Safety Requirements for Particular Requirements for Transportable Diamond Drills with Liquid System
Entries marked * are exclusive to SGS.
OSHA aims to ensure safe and healthful working conditions for working men and women by setting and enforcing standards. Its standards contain requirements for NRTL product testing and certification for 39 product types. For example, in 29 CFR 1910.303, OSHA requires NRTL approval for many kinds of electrical equipment when they are used in the workplace.
SGS Electrical & Electronic Product Services
SGS is accredited to test and certify a wide variety of products, including power tools, household appliances, lighting, medical equipment, batteries, IT equipment, audio-visual equipment, and products for hazardous and potentially explosive environments. Once a product has been certified it can bear the SGS North America Listed Mark. Discover more at www.sgs.com/ee.
For further information, please contact:
Global Marketing Manager
Consumer and Retail, SGS
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
For media inquiries, please contact:
T: +44 (0)1892 711240
M: +44 (0)7851 478350